Epson’s DC-12 Document Camera Wins a Learning® Magazine 2015 Teachers’ Choice Award for the Classroom
LONG BEACH, Calif. – September 23, 2014 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today announced the Epson® DC-12 document camera has won a Learning® Magazine 2015 Teachers’ Choice Award (TCA) for the Classroom. The DC-12 document camera allows educators to capture lessons by using its built-in microphone, PC-free annotation on both live and captured images, and the ability to video items and images displayed with the camera.
Established in 1994, the TCAs are a highly-recognizable annual educational awards program honoring products of exceptional quality and outstanding performance in the classroom and at home, including hardware, software, classroom supplies, and more. Each nominated product was exclusively reviewed by a team of teachers in the classroom and judged on quality, instructional value, ease-of-use, and innovation. This year’s Classroom awards received 163 submissions and only products that met the teachers’ stringent standards were chosen to receive an award.
“Teachers’ Choice is unique in the fact that they are the only awards program that is exclusively judged by teachers in the classroom,” said Jason Meyer, senior product manager, Epson America, Inc. “This particular recognition reinforces our mission to bring engaging technologies to classrooms.”
More about the Epson DC-12 document camera
The DC-12 document camera brings many advanced features to the classroom to engage students, including:
- Full HD Imaging Sensor: Large, highly efficient imaging sensor that captures more light per pixel for bright, high quality images and increased detail
- Easy Setup: Automatically detects the native aspect ratio of Epson projectors and selects the correct output resolution to match
- Picture-in-Picture Function: View original and zoomed-in images simultaneously and keep lessons on track
- Built-in Microphone: Record audio with video lessons; an external microphone can also be used, even when the projector is off
- PC-free Annotation: Write or draw over live or captured images by simply plugging in a wired USB mouse – no computer necessary
- Application Software: Provides advanced functionality such as editing captured images, recording time-lapse photography, video web upload, and file management
- Image Storage: Capture, store and present images via 1GB internal memory, SD card slot or USB flash drive port
- Camera Flexibility: Camera head rotates +/- 90 degrees to capture many angles - record white board images, student faces, or classroom wall
- Microscope Adapter: Align with any standard microscope eye-piece to share magnified images with the entire class
Epson also offers the Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors.
Epson is a global innovation leader dedicated to exceeding expectations with solutions for markets as diverse as the office, home, commerce, and industry. Epson’s lineup ranges from inkjet printers, printing systems and 3LCD projectors to industrial robots, smart glasses and sensing systems and is based on original compact, energy-saving and high-precision technologies.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 73,000 employees in 94 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com.
# # #
1 Based upon Q4 2014 worldwide front projection market share estimates from PMA Research.
Note: EPSON is a registered trademarks and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. Brighter Futures is a registered trademark of Epson America, Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.